Joined: 20 Jan 2005
|Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:45 pm Post subject: AltGaming.net Forum Rules - UPDATED-ALL READ BEFORE POSTING
|ALTGAMING.NET FORUM RULES
- Never under any circumstance, attack or "flame" anyone.
- Please refrain from using 'l337' or 'txt' speak. Standard English only please.
- Minimal, if any, fanboyism. This forum is about intelligent videogames discussion, NOT petty squabbles about which consoles are the best.
- The creation of multiple accounts is strictly forbidden. If member is found using more then one account the multiple ones will be deleted and the original one suspended.
- Remain friendly and civil at all times. Be helpful when possible. Treat others the way you would like to be treated. We were all newbies at one time!
- Use of the AltGaming.net forums is a privilege, not a right. AltGaming.net Forum administrators reserve the right to choose persons we do or do not want part of our community.
- Swearing is allowed, as long as it is used in moderation and only to illustrate a point.
- Slanderous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, abusive, insulting, threatening, harassing or obnoxious comments are not appropriate in the AltGaming.net community.
- Linking to images and or other materials in posts is only permitted under the guidelines that they are not slanderous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, abusive, insulting, threatening, harassing or obnoxious.
- Any form of direct or indirect personal attack or harassment is prohibited.
- Any comment that calls for or encourages unlawful or illegal behaviour or might result in harm to others is prohibited.
- Please stay on topic. Rambling or off-topic topics may be deleted without warning.
- If you want to advertise a website, do so through your signature. Should you want to make a post advertisement, contact an administrator.
- If you wish to emphasize your point, use a bold font. Obnoxious use of oversized fonts and CAPS will not be allowed.
- Use of copyrighted materials in posts are discouraged and could be removed without notice.
- Before starting a new thread, look down the first page of the board, if there is already a thread relating to the same area, post in that. Make sure the subject line is a good summary of what the thread is about, don't make it misleading, and avoid use of CAPS LOCK and '!!!!!!'
- Don't bump old threads. The basic rule is that if the thread's last post was over a month ago and the thread has fallen beyond the first page don't post in it.
- Signature images can only be 500x100 pixels or smaller. Anyone with larger sigs will have their sig removed by the administrators.
- If a user breaks any of these rules, they will generally get a warning. Repeated offences will result in temporary or permanent suspension of your account. The forum administrators will use their best judgement in these cases. If the offence isn't deemed serious enough the post or topic may be deleted or locked. However in either case a warning or explanation will not be sent since with the combination of these rules and common sense you should be able to work out why action was taken all on your own.
- If you feel you've been unfairly treated, send a clearly-written PM to an administrator. Please send links to your forum posts, and anything else to represent your case. Complaints about another administrator will be ignored. Only complaints about moderators or other forum members will be given attention.
Director of AltGaming/Freelance Games Journalist
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (XB) / Resident Evil 4 (GC) / Yoshi Touch & Go (DS)