Xbox 360 = Official

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AltGaming Forum Index -> Microsoft Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Hamilton
Director/Co-Founder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Xbox 360 = Official Reply with quote

Quote:
Many rumours have been circulating in the past months regarding Microsoft's next generation system, but let us now lay them all the rest. The name of Xbox's successor is Xbox 360, we can confirm, and the design of the machine is indeed a concave shape.

Speaking under conditions of strict anonymity, a British source privy to Microsoft's marketing documents has today confirmed the machine's name and previously rumoured details of the actual design.

The machine can stand upright and hollows in at the middle, like it's "sucking in its cheeks," our source told us today. Previous rumours had put the console as silver, although fresh information says the final design may be white. It's impossible to tell from the documents, the source went on to say.

According to the source, the rumoured slot for the hard drive - which was apparently at the top of the machine - is not obvious on the document, and the person was unable to clarify where the slot for discs actually appeared.

The logo is described as a simple, round nexus with "Xbox 360" written inside it. Previous rumours had simply the numbers "360" in the disc.

Microsoft will show the console for the first time in a half-hour special on MTV on May 12, a week ahead of E3. The company's press conference, on Monday, May 16, will be the first viewing of the console to the trade en bloc.

Xbox 360 is expected to receive a global release in late 2005.

When contacted today, Microsoft simply said that it does not comment on rumours and speculation relating to next generation product.

That design sounds a little...strange. I just pray that the rumoured controller from OurColony is fake...

Regardless of the design and crappy name, I can't wait to see this in action...

Now Playing:

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (XB) / Resident Evil 4 (GC) / Yoshi Touch & Go (DS)
Michael
Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally they should have kept Xenon as a name, as it rocks. this Xbox 360 just doens' thave the same ring to it.

concerning the design it certainly sounds interesting, and the whiteness, i hope it's more crystam xbox white instead of iPod white. :/
Chimpus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree xenon is the better sounding name and i would have prefferred it, but i think microsoft had to keep the branding going for xbox. Changing it completely would alienate alot of new/less knowledgable customers.
Hanley
Co-Director / Co-Founder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed about the Xenon as the name, but names really don't matter to me. It's all about what's in the machine, and I'm praying it's backwards compatible with the Xbox games. Smile

Freelance Videogames Journalist

[Club Skill] [TVG] [Gaming Headlines]
Lum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That design sounds a little...strange.

And that's putting it nicely... Wink
It sounds bloody scary! It's taken me a few years (dont laugh) to finally accept the Xbox and the size of it... but now concave? Blah... Rolling Eyes

{if sig too big please tell me, there was nothing about sig sizes in faq}
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MattyD
AltGaming Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that I'm not alone in feeling cheated out of the £100 I paid for my Xbox. What sort of return will I get from that investment if the console dies out within the next year?

Real Life (Reality Station); The Punisher (PS2)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AltGaming Forum Index -> Microsoft Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: